Electronic waste is banned from the landfill because it contains heavy metals and toxins; and has valuable recyclable components. Some electronic waste, specifically: TV's, computers, desktop printers, hard drives and computer peripherals like mice, keyboards and computer speakers are covered by Vermont state Extended Producer Responsibility programs and are free to recycle; fees apply for other electronic waste. Bring E-waste to CVSWMD’s Additional Recyclables Collection Center (ARCC), or find a recycling location here.
- Computer monitors, any type - CRTs, flat-panel, LCD, and plasma displays
- Computer peripherals - mouse, keyboards, scanners, external hard drives, modems, routers, computer speakers
- Computers, desktops, laptops, notebooks, and netbooks
- Personal electronics (GPS Units, cameras, Mp3 players, etc.)
- Printers, desktop
- Televisions, TVs, CRTs, flat-panel, LCD, and plasma displays, tablets